In memory of his father, Birmingham-based Daniel Robinson set himself a challenge: to run 1002 miles around the UK during August 2010 - that’s more than 38 full length marathons. Sponsored by Crewsaders, a Birmingham based events services company, Daniel solicited donations from companies and individuals for Lance Armstrong’s cancer charity LIVESTRONG. Daniel, whose father was diagnosed with cancer of the oesophagus in 2004, was stirred by Armstrong’s story of his own battle against cancer. On 31st August 2010, Daniel completed his challenge, finishing back in Birmingham. During the many lonely days on the road, all Daniel had to keep him company was his much loved iPod…
Best of the Rest
- Won’t Give In – The Finn Brothers – This almost became my mantra in the tough moments.
- Ring The Bells – James – The only problem with this song is that it can get you running too quickly.
- Long Live The Queen – Frank Turner – A beautiful song that reminded me why I was running.
- And The Air Rushes Past – These Things Take Time – The best band no one has heard of.
- Little Victories – Matt Nathanson – Listen to this at the end of your run and you’ll feel the achievement really hit home.
■ The Getaway (US Radio Mix) – Athlete
■ Peachy – Missy Higgins
■ Real Late Starter – Nerina Pallot
■ One Day Like This – Elbow
■ F**k You – Cee-Lo Green
■ Rome Wasn’t Built In A Day – Morcheeba
■ Not Afraid – Eminem
■ Ocean Spray – Manic Street Preachers
■ JCB – Nizlopi
■ No One Can Hold A Candle To You – Morrissey
■ Starlight – Muse
■ Wall OF Death – R.E.M.
■ Zing! Went The Strings Of My Heart (Live) – Rufus Wainwright
■ Yes – McAlmont & Butler
■ Alison – Elvis Costello